Try these easy vegetarian tacos. A taco is a traditional Mexican dish consisting of a small hand-sized corn or wheat tortilla topped with a filling.
- ½ head of cauliflower minced or 1 bag of riced cauliflower
- 1 large onion, cut into strips
- 1 small green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small zucchini, cut in half, then sliced into half-moon wedges
- ½ bunch of cilantro, minced/finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp of cumin
- ½ tsp of chili powder
- ½ tsp of dried oregano
- 1 tbsp of tomato paste
- ¼ cup of water
- pepper and salt to taste
Total Time: 25-30 min.
Prep: 15-20 min.
Cook: 10 min.
- add a tablespoon of oil, to a large frying pan heated to medium-high
- Stir fry cauliflower for 5 minutes or until it starts to brown
- Add in remaining vegetables and spices
- Cook until just tender
- Add in tomato paste, water and garlic
- Turn off heat and let sit for 3 or 4 minutes
- Serve in either hard or soft corn shell tacos that have been warmed in a dry frying pan (will show in class)
- Can be served with vegan cheese, vegan sour cream, slices of fresh avocado, slices of fresh jalapeno or dress with cilantro
- Squirt with lime juice before serving
- For presentation and plating tips, please attend class
Recipe provided by cheftroy.ca
If you have any questions, please email Chef Troy Stewart at email@example.com