Crêpes stuffed with veggies and sauce
This beef bourguignon recipe is adapted from one by Julia Child. It’s a traditional French dish normally served during colder seasons.
- 1 large or 2 medium-sized carrots
- 1 medium onion
- 6-8 Mushrooms, diced
- 3 stalks of Green onions
- 1 generous cup of Peas
- 2 or 3 leaves of Fresh basil
- 2 cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- ½ can of heavy cream
- Buy frozen crepes or corn tortillas
- Total Time: 60-65 min.
- Prep: 20 min. Veg. prep 15 min. Sauce 2 hrs.
- Cook: 40-45 min.
- Blanch all of the vegetables in salty water
- Place cream of mushroom soup in a large pot
- Mix in the heavy cream
- Mix in your vegetables and bring them to a simmer
- Turn off the heat and let cool for an hour
- Put mixture into the fridge for another hour after that
- Once the mixture has thickened in the fridge, scoop some on half of a crepe in a lasagna pan and roll it
- Repeat until the pan is full or there are no more crepes
- Down the centre of the pan, pour the remainder of the sauce, but leave the sides of the crepes exposed
- Bake at 375℉ for 40 min.
- This is a good recipe to smother in cheese
Recipe provided by cheftroy.ca
If you have any questions, please email Chef Troy Stewart at email@example.com