maple covered bacon fingers
- Naturally smoked bacon
- Pure maple syrup
- Brown sugar
- Roasted unsalted peanuts chopped finely)
TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- Prep: 30 min.
- Cook: about 15 min.
Recipe provided by cheftroy.ca
- On a parchment-lined sheet pan
- Place bacon on a single layer not touching
- Roast in the oven until almost done. Remove and let cool
- In a mixing brown place 1.5 cups brown sugar and 1/2 cup maple syrup and mix till it is a liquid.
- Brush the mixture on one side of the bacon and placed back in the oven for 2-5 minutes flip and repeat, sprinkle liberally with minced peanuts and place back into the oven again till Macon is crispy but not burnt.
Remove and cool. Place cooled stiff bacon strips standing up in a short vase or glass and serve as part of any meal or snack at a bbq. These will go fast.
Option add some flare and sprinkle with a few chilli flakes.