- 1 box of quinoa
- 1 red onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves crushed and minced
- 1/2 brick of feta crumbled
- 8 cherry tomatoes minced
- 1/2 bunch of parsley leaf chopped
- 1/2 cucumber cubed
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- Prep: 15 min.
- Cook: about 15 min.
Recipe provided by cheftroy.ca
- Boil quinoa until cooked and let cool. Quinoa is cooked like rice so it’s very simple and extremely healthy and a super ancient grain. Once cooled fluff it with a fork to loosen it up.
- Place it in a large bowl and drizzle it with olive oil. Place in all your veggies and crumbled feta cheese and wet it with red wine vinegar, about 1/3 cup. Add pepper and salt to taste. I add a little more salt as quinoa can take it. Fold the mixture with a large spoon or spatula and then cover and place in the fridge uncovered for 1-2 hours.
- Serve with any grilled meat IE. lamb. Also could be used as a main dish for a warm summer day.
- Great, very healthy snack. It lasts about three days in the fridge.