Oven-roasted stuffed chicken
Impress friends and family with a traditional roast chicken stuffed with delicious bread stuffing for even more flavour.
- Whole chicken, patted dry
- Set oven to 375 F
- Day-old bread, baguette preferred, ripped into bite-size pieces
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 1 medium-sized portobello mushroom, chopped
- 1 medium-sized carrot, grated
- ½ head of parsley, chopped
- 1 egg
- ½ cup chicken broth
- Pepper and salt to taste
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup of fresh sage, finely chopped or 1 tbsp of dried sage
- Total Time: 60-90 min.
- Prep: 15-20 min.
- Cook: 45 or until golden-brown, varies by size of chicken.
- Salt and pepper the chicken on the outside, bottom and top
- Take your stuffing mixture and loosely pack the chicken (any left-over stuffing can be cooked in a separate dish in the oven)
- Bake the chicken at least for 45 minutes or until golden brown, basting often
- Once the chicken is cooked, let rest 5-10 minutes before cutting and serving
- Take a palm-full of whole butter and massage it between the breast and the skin (to be demonstrated in class)
Recipe provided by cheftroy.ca
If you have any questions, please email Chef Troy Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org