- 12 chicken tenderloins (can substitute with cubed (bite-sized) chicken breasts, x2)
- 6 to 8 wood skewers, soaked in cold, salted water
- 3 cm of minced ginger
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 2-3 tsp of fish sauce
- 1 tsp of toasted sesame seed oil
- 4 tsp of olive oil
- 1 cup of creamy peanut butter (can substitute with almond butter)
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2-3 tsp of chili paste
- 2-3 cm of ginger, cut into strips (julienne)
- 1 tsp of fish sauce
TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 10 MIN to 1 HR 15 MIN
- Prep: 1 hr.
- Cook: 10-15 min.
Recipe provided by cheftroy.ca
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together, cover the chicken in the marinade, cover and refrigerate
- Place all dipping sauce ingredients in a pot over medium to low heat and stir slowly until combined
- Remove the chicken from the fridge, place 4-6 pieces on a skewer and put on a plate
- If grilling, place aluminum foil on the handles, or if broiling, broil on high in the oven on the lowest rack on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper
- Cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until tender to the touch
- If on the BBQ, be careful not to burn them
- Place satay on a plate and serve the sauce in a bowl on the side
- For presentation, sprinkle cilantro over the satay and place a dollop of chili paste in the middle of the sauce.