Troy’s Traditional Pasta Sauce
- 2 large cans of whole Roma tomatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic crushed or minced
- 3 green peppers cut into chunks
- 10 – 20 mushrooms depending on size sliced
- 5 stocks of celery sliced
- 2 large vidalia onions cut into chunks
- 1 can of tomato paste
- 1/2 bunch of parsley minced including stocks.
TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- Prep: 30 min.
- Cook: about 15 min.
Recipe provided by cheftroy.ca
- In a large pot heat a 1/2 brick ( 1 cup ) of butter and 1 tbsp of oil-once, this is hot add in your vegetables and stir and cook till dark brown.
- Add garlic, tomato paste and stir for 2 more minutes. Turn off heat and add in both cans of tomatoes
- With your hands squish up tomatoes into bite-size pieces. Turn the heat back on and simmer until the sauce has thickened. At this point throw in the chopped parsley and add more garlic as desired and salt and pepper to taste
- This is ready as a pasta sauce. Serve and enjoy.
- You can simmer chicken legs that you have browned in the oven and serve with green veggies.
- If you purée this sauce you can use it for other uses, IE, chicken parmigiana etc. Great on meatballs served over roasted veggies.